Tue, 23 May 2017 09:42:25 CDT

In a release of part of the draft budget for fiscal 2018, the Trump administration has proposed halving the strategic petroleum reserve, which will raise some US$500 million during the fiscal year and US$16.6 billion over the next ten years, according to Bloomberg. Among the other measures aimed at increasing budget revenues from the oil and gas industry is stopping oil royalty payments for the Gulf of Mexico states, opening up the Alaska national Wildlife Refuge for drillers, and selling power transmission lines in the West....

Wed, 17 May 2017 07:20:33 CDT

Appomattox is a deepwater oil and gas project in Gulf of Mexico. Shell owns a 79% stake in the deepwater fields and the remaining 21% interest is held by Nexen Petroleum Offshore, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited (CEO - Free Report) .

Tue, 16 May 2017 13:38:41 CDT

Statoil (STO +0.6%) says it expects its net U.S. offshore production to rise by more than 50% to 125K boe/day by the end of the decade from 80K now, says Carri Lockhart, its senior VP for U.S. offshore operations....

Mon, 15 May 2017 13:55:00 CDT

LQT is providing aluminum accommodation packages for major oil and gas operators on two separate offshore platforms . These packages consist of lightweight aluminum modular buildings including 12 bed sleeper units, galleys, and auxiliary buildings.

Mon, 08 May 2017 10:31:07 CDT

At the intersection of the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico, where offshore drilling is a major part of the economy, residents of Louisiana depend on oil not just to keep them in vehicles, food, and plastic, but also jobs....

Mon, 08 May 2017 04:39:55 CDT

Anchored by an oil well 60 miles off the coast of Louisiana, Howington says he saw supervisors from Walter Oil & Gas Corporation, Cal-Dive International and Helix Energy Solutions order the crew to dump chemicals into the Gulf....

Sun, 07 May 2017 23:09:13 CDT

We buy tankers worth of oil from the Gulf of Mexico and the Middle East, trainloads of coal from Colombia and the Rocky Mountains, pipelines full of natural gas from Canada and Appalachia....

Thu, 04 May 2017 16:37:31 CDT

The Pentagon has stated that it wants to extend the ban on offshore drilling in the eastern portion of the Gulf of Mexico only a day after Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke wants to expand offshore drilling . A.M....

Tue, 02 May 2017 18:00:00 CDT

After keeping the money locked up for nearly a year, Florida legislators have finally agreed on a plan to hand out millions of dollars given the state for damages related to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.